I serve well educated leaders, teams, and organizations that are looking to make changes in what they are doing and how they are working so they can flourish in all ways. They include leaders and teams in for-profit companies, nonprofits, foundations, higher education, B corporations, small businesses, and a handful of social entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and policy folks as well. Almost all of them either lead their organization or a department within their organization.
What they share is a passion for building a financially, socially, environmentally, and spiritually flourishing world for everyone today, as well as for the generations that follow us.
Here is a partial list of current and past organizational clients as well as employers of individual clients who engage me personally:
- Amherst College
- Arts Gowanus
- Celtic Energy Inc.
- Coaches Training Institute
- Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
- Community Mediation, Inc. (CM)
- Connecticut Association of Nonprofits
- Connecticut Center for School Change
- Eaton Senior Communities Inc.
- Economic Development Corporation of New Haven
- Family Child Associates
- Fitness Magazine
- Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit at Case Western Reserve University’s Weatherhead School of Management
- Gaylord Specialty Healthcare
- Goldberg Segalla LLP
- Green Research
- Guilford Racquet and Swim Club
- Harvard Unitarian Universalist Church
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- The Jewish Museum
- Jonathan Rose Companies
- Joshua Venture Group & Lookstein Virtual Jewish Academy
- Kendal Corporation
- Kimberly Clark
- Massaro Community Farm
- McKinsey & Company
- Meet the Writers Inc.
- Neighbor to Neighbor Energy Challenge (a joint venture between CT Clean Water Action and the Student Conservation Association)
- New England Women in Energy and the Environment (NEWIEE)
- New London Youth Affairs
- The New York Times
- Pachamama Alliance
- Regional School District #4 (Chester, Deep River, and Essex, CT)
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Shamann Productions Inc.
- Southern California Edison
- Sustainable Value Partners
- The city and school districts of Ansonia and Shelton, CT
- Urban Arts Partnership
- Vesta Healthcare
- West Side Federation for Senior and Supportive Housing
- William Caspar Graustein Memorial Fund
- Winston Eco-Strategies
- Yale School of Engineering and Applied Science- The Advanced Graduate Leadership Program
- Yale School of Management- Career Development Office
- Yale University- School of the 21st Century
- Zubatkin Owner Representation
Here are a few examples of the value my coaching has brought both leaders and organizations:
- With the support of both leadership and organizational coaching, a major division of a national development company stemmed its turnover rate from 1 person per month to zero turnover in a year, while transforming itself from a traditional work group to a high performance team, increasing its staffing by 30%, and improving bottom line results.
- After working through organizational assessment tools, a start-up biofuels company came to understand and successfully work through issues of trust, conflict, commitment, accountability, supporting it organizationally so that it could go on to gain full venture funding.
- With the support of 1-on-1 leadership coaching, numerous leaders I’ve worked with in both corporations and nonprofits have been able to work through issues of overwhelm, communication, personal habits, trust, personal transitions and organizational changes in order to improve significantly both their professional and personal effectiveness.
- After just three coaching sessions, a boss and subordinate in a major company worked through numerous “hot spots”, met all 7 of their coaching goals, and significantly improved their communications, synergy, and productivity.
- With the support of coaching, a strategy consultant to Sustainability leaders clarified his values, goals, direction, choices, and work-life balance.
- At a day-long, off-site retreat, the staff of a community nonprofit significantly improved its understanding and appreciation of staff members’ roles and challenges, resulting in a significant boost to staff morale.
- After improving the sourcing and performance management of a key technical division of a major manufacturer, the group became the #1 ranking division in a corporate survey for its “people processes”.
- Through several staff retreats using an Appreciative Inquiry approach, a department at a hospital improved its teamwork while they identified numerous ways to improve the quality of their service, and designed a plan for quickly implementing numerous process improvements.
Your Next Step
If these results sound interesting to you, click on the button below to learn about the different services that can get you similar results.
“Mary is a great sounding board for a wide range of individual and organizational issues that are tough to discuss with anyone else. Because of her coaching, I am able to think things through to create far better solutions than would otherwise be possible. As a result, my company’s organizational infrastructure is in much better shape, our business is expanding, and my life keeps getting better. It’s extremely exciting and gratifying.”
President, Celtic Energy
“We all can use a good coach to help us hone our game, think through our mission and how our day-to-day actions serve that mission. Mary Gorham has helped me think hard about my goals and how to achieve them, as well as what kind of business person and human being I’d like to be.”
Author of Green Recovery, Co-author of Green to Gold,
and internationally renowned sustainability thought leader, speaker, and advisor
“Mary brings the perfect balance of intelligence, thoughtfulness and enthusiasm to her trainings. Rather than just offering up time management tips and tricks during her workshops, Mary finds a way to get attendees to think critically about their mind set during the day and make transformative changes to the way they work. Her expertise and presentation style will help to make you more effective and less stressed.”
Training and Membership Services Coordinator
CT Association of Nonprofits
“Mary knows how to walk the delicate balance between listening and providing a gentle prod on the one hand, and calling you to the carpet on the other, definitely an asset in the coaching business.”
Education and Management Consultant
“I interviewed four leadership and organizational coaches and Mary stood out for her understanding of both organizational structures and interpersonal dynamics. I, as well as our division, need to be in alignment for maximum results. Mary has been providing the support and guidance for all of us to gain maximum synergies so we can meet our goals.”
Jonathan Rose Companies